Osiris Technologies is an established IT Managed Service Provider. Our flexible, reliable, and pro-active service ensures our customers IT runs smoothly. From support desk services, full IT strategy and delivery, Office 365, and business continuity planning, we’ve got it covered. We are dedicated to our staff L&D and are very involved in supporting charitable causes.
We are currently recruiting for an IT Engineer Apprentice to expand our growing helpdesk team. The role of the IT Engineer Apprentice is to work closely with our First, Second- and Third-Line technicians as they support our existing and new customers’ IT requirements. You will be working across our entire client base which covers charitable, business, and educational sectors.
These areas are key to the effectiveness of Osiris to provide a high level of service to its clients. Your main duties will be to answer incoming issues via phone and our online ticketing system diagnosing hardware and software issues. You may also need to attend our client’s sites which are spread across the county of Norfolk if issues cannot be resolved remotely, including onsite support to diverse clients such as schools, corporate head offices and care homes.
You will be part of a small but very driven team, you all work together to continue maintain the high levels of customer service our clients have come to expect. You will work Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am – 5pm with time for training and completion of your apprenticeship included.
We offer in return a relaxed and supportive environment with unique challenges that will develop your core knowledge and give you skills.
Essential Skills and Characteristics
- Have a genuine interest in technology and be keen to start a career as an engineer.
- Self-motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Friendly and approachable.
- Highly enthusiastic with excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to pass vetting (which will include a Disclosure Baring Service Check)
- Able to form and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, service users and third parties.
- Ability to multitask and deal with a range of incoming enquires – organisation is key to the success of this role.
Desirable skills and characteristics
- Excellent IT skills and basic knowledge of Computer Hardware and Operating Systems
- 3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C/7-4 in any subject, plus GCSE English and maths (or equivalents) at grade C or above
- Previous experience with hardware troubleshooting
- Recent engineering qualification
- Have a full UK Driving license
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard
- Microsoft Technology Associate 365 Fundamentals
- Microsoft Technology Associate Security Administration
- 29 days holiday per year including bank holidays + discretionary Christmas shut down!
- Mileage reimbursement
- On-site Parking
- Complimentary office refreshments
90% of our apprentices have secured permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there will be opportunities to undertake further training to develop your skills as we offer on-going training plans for all members of staff and encourage all further learning.
Closing date for this vacancy will be Friday 25th September 2020 with interviews being held for those selected on Thursday 1st October 2020 followed by a 2-day trial period with the team which can be arranged with each individual.
If you are interested in this role and would like to be considered, please contact Katie Downes
Application deadline: 25/09/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: From £8,100.00 per year
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Wellness programmes